13262538

, my partner and I have split and she's moved out of my home.

Hi, my partner and I have split and she's moved out of my home. We have a child who Stacey has taken with her. In order to help set up a new home I paid her £7k in order to support. I want to see my daughter as much as possible and I pay £300 maintenance.
She wants to take me to CSA because she told me I'm to buy my own clothes for Olivia from now on (which I do anyway for occasions) but my argument is I should deduct that from the £300 maintenance (because she stipulates it's for clothes, shoes, food, days out and general needs). Why should I have to pay for clothes twice?
I need to know if CSA are likely to listen to her or whether I'm better off taking legal advice on setting up a more structured timetable for seeing my Daughter and with finances.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ben
How much do you earn gross per month
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I earn £3,200 gross per month
Ben
How many nights a week does the child stay with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She stays with me 3 nights per week.
We haven't got anything concrete though, it's very much an adhoc agreement.
Ben
Your ex is correct - you shoudl not deduct anything from the Child Maintenance payment which is meant to cover all expenditure for the time spends with her
However your ex is going to be disappointed since you are currently paying more that the CMS (new CSA) assessment will be assuming your daughter continues to spend three nights a week with you.
Please ask if you need further details