Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I was contacted by an attorney in the UK saying that I have

I was contacted by an attorney in the UK saying that I have a claim from a possible relative withe the same last name in London. Money is being held in the Hillveiw I vestments Trust Company in the amount of £6.8million Brit Pnds.. Apparently the bank does exist. And I have 2 letters from them verging the funds and verifying my info I sent. I also have a copy of the "Deed of Lodge" and the "Certificate of Deposit" for the funds. There is an attorney in London that has given me the info and I do not trust him because he is asking for an incredible amount of the settlement funds to help close the case and issue me the money. I need an attorney that is willing to work on contingency in England as my agent to help me settle this account. It will be very financially benificial for both of us. I have not signed any agreements or papers with the other attorney whatsoever. I have several email communications with the bank that I can forward for your reveiw. They keep pressing me for a settlement of this account. My last communication with the bank was on Tuesday.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have looked into Hillview Investments and it appears they have an invalid/fraudulent website. Please see this link-

http://www.fraud-news.com/showthread.php/82260-Hillview-Investment-Trust-Company

Even before I found this, I was going to tell you that this is a scam- in the UK, if anyone inherits money, there are no fees to pay to the Bank and there is no legal document called a "Deed of Lodge" or "Certificate of Deposit".

I can only therefore say that you should not disclose any financial information to them and certainly don't send them any money, as you will never see it again (I note you don't intend sending them any money anyway).

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but hope this assists you.

Kind Regards

Al