12826847

Furniture Village sold me a high grade leather sofa Oct 2011

Customer Question

Furniture Village sold me a high grade leather sofa Oct 2011 for £2495 and July 2014 I noticed peeling ad cracking on he 3 seater. They sent an engineer out for which I had to pay £49 for but was said to be refundable as its manufacturers fault. They took my Sofa Sept 2014 for a maximum of 30 days for repair and it was not until I went into their store in January to complain about the u numerous calls requesting my sofa and my inconvenience esp over Christmas that it was returned in January 2015. it was returned with a broken recliner and upholstery poorly done as you can see peeling by the stitching. I told them I don't want he sofa and requesting a full refund but they are only offering £1350. Can I get a full refund with legal assistance?
I am really sorry but there is no realistic prospect of that. This is a purchase made three and a half years ago. In fairness, the fault was discovered in July which would mean two and a half years but that still will not qualify for anything like a full refund.
Clearly there is a fault. They have not properly repaired it. They are actually entitled to try again as they will argue any form of refund is disproportionately expensive for them. They are making an offer though so that falls away.
I'm really sorry but the offer they are making is a good one. This is some three years old. I would actually be surprised if a court awarded more than £1000 so it is not a good idea to snub this offer.
That is not to say you cannot ask for more. This is probably not their best offer if it is the first they have made. They might come up to £1500 to dispose of the matter but if they stick to £1350 then it is a good offer and should be snapped up.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate your answer. I forgot to include the fact that they will be taking away the sofa and handing over the £1350. Does that make a difference in how much I should expect?

Not really. They are able to do that I'm afraid as this is a recession of the contract.
I would ask for more. Try to negotiate and come down if you need to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANK YOU

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/