12826847

I crashed my car this week and it was my fault. I informed

I crashed my car this week and it was my fault. I informed my insurance company and they asked for certain papers including license and log book. I realised i had not changed the address on my driving license when I moved 6 months ago but I did change it with the insurance company. I also have an older address on my log book. Have I inadvertently invalidated my insurance with my insurance company? And if so would i be liable for costs, damages and injuries to the other party? I am extremely upset and anxious about this.
Have you disclosed to them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I panicked and sent my license off to be updated and told them I would post it when I got it back with the updated address. I have only just realised about the log book

You haven't invalidated your insurance.
The issue here is more complicated. There is a specific offence in not keeping the DVLA update about ownership of cars and where they are kept. That will not interest your insurance company but may interest the DVLA although it is only a fine.
Your insurance company are entitled to know where the car is kept. You have told them that. What this may mean is that they may start questioning that but it should be easy enough to prove where you live.
Even if that did offend though, all they would do is charge you an increased premium. They wouldn't usually dishonour a claim on that basis alone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you that is a huge relief I have been feeling suicidal with worry. I am keeping the car at the new address which the insurance company has and I actually crashed in the street behind my house. I can prove that it has been parked tehre through neighbours or CCTV. I just forgot to inform the DVLA. If I get a fine from the DVLA Im not worried. Is it okay about the log book? Thankyou

Yes, it is the same issue. It is the DVLA's concern.
No problem and all the best.