75100385

I have neighbours who have made my life a misery and the only

I have neighbours who have made my life a misery and the only way out is to move. It will cost me about 7k to move. I am retired and living on a pension. Police have n
been involved under anti social behaviour act.
can I sue my neighbours for my moving costs. They are both professional people
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you ever have an injunction against them or have they ever been convicted please?

Customer:

No, they have gone low key since the police got involved. I have evidence of them contacting my estate agent with false info and repeatedly trying to get planning enforcement to act against me without any legal basis. They shout and swear at me and encourage their children to do the same. I live on my own

Alex Watts :

Ok - you could sue them to move.

Alex Watts :

But you would need to show it was the direct reason and list the history and what went on

Alex Watts :

In any event it would be a small claim as it is below £10,000

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. I would sue them AFTER you move

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Do you mean I should try to get them to move? Tbis has been going on for more than four years and I cant bear it anymore. I'm 67

Alex Watts :

No, if you want to move I would.

Alex Watts :

The law wont allow you to make them move.

Alex Watts :

The only thing you could ask the Police to consider is a premises closure order for Anti Social Behaviour

Alex Watts :

This means the Police can instigate proceedings and close the property down for up to 6 months.

Alex Watts :

But there needs to be a significant history.

Alex Watts :

If they wont then you can consider moving and suing for the costs

Customer:

Thanks. Made last comment before reading all your reply. Very helpful