13262538

My cousin who was childless was buried approx. 8/9 years ago

Customer Question

My cousin who was childless was buried approx. 8/9 years ago with her/my grandfather's WW1 medals. Her husband died today. They had no siblings. Is it possible to acquire the medals when the grave is open for her husband's funeral and what paperwork or whose permission do I need ? I live in N Ireland.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but no it is not possible to take the medals from the Coffin and there is no paperwork which would allow you to do so.
The only basis would be obtaining a Court Order that you were the Rightful Owner of the Medals at the time of the burial
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare,

I will come back to you this afternoon if that is OK as I am rushing to church just now.

Eunice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. It's as I expected and although the medals should have rightly been my fathers as the only living son, I have no proof to that effect.

Eunice.

I am sorry the news was not better - and sadly if the medals were not mentioned in a Will then there is no action that can be taken