Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Could a Yemeni family, fleeing the bombing, who all have multiple

Could a Yemeni family, fleeing the bombing, who all have multiple C class entry visas for the UK valid until 2020, enrol their children in UK schools? The children are 6, 8 and 12 years-old and have been studying the British curriculum at the Sana'a British School. The father studied at tertiary level in Liverpool, and the wife has a degree in English.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
All refugee and asylum seeking children of school age are entitled to an education in the UK. You can enrol your children at a local school without an problem. Any refusal by a school or local authority to admit such children would be unlawful.