12826847

In 2011 I purchased an ECO investment

Customer Question

In 2011 I purchased an ECO investment via a London broker now disappeared. The scheme was for a forestry project in Fiji with claimed returns of 20% compound over 5-6 years. The Monaco Company whose project this was has also disappeared. But my investment was made through my SIPP with my pension fund trustees paying a nominated firm of uk solicitors. They passed the funds to a trustee company which changed its name 1/4/2014. One of the directors of that trustee is also director of a property/ECO-type company whom i also bought investments through and most of those have either failed completely or look very ropey. I had severe depression for over 2 years so it's only recently that I have got back on stream and my investigations point to criminal fraud. Over a month ago i contacted the solicitors and was given the run-around with nobody calling me back. I wrote a stiff letter about this and the reply was "a delay has occurred because I've had to get the file brought from the archives. In this electronic age when all records are in the computer.Moreover, everybody knows that you have to keep files for 6 years so what were they doing "archiving" a file not much over 3 years old? I have written a letter "without prejudice" addressed to the trustees and the solicitors holding them jointly and severally liable and have claimed £32000 representing the value of my investment with compound returns to 30/4/2015. I have now unearthed the fact that a director of the property firm I dealt with on other investments - let's call him Fred- including a scheme run by an American with an impeccable record - he's a big - time philanthropist so i am minded to send that same letter to Fred, meaning I can then sue all 3 for 10 grand each, staying within the SCC limit. I've also written confidentially to the US philanthropist suggesting he looks very carefully at the UK property company he deals with. How do you rate my chances of getting judgement against all/ 1 / 2 of them? What else would you suggest? I approached the FCA about the trustees who are regulated by them but they were'nt really interested!! I have dafted a letter to the SFO but feel I should hold back until my SCC case is concluded. But I see no harm in complaining about the trustees to the Office for the Supervision of Solicitors. In the last 15 years or so, I've had a fair bit of practice with the SCC - about 6 cases - and the only won I lost was against a major building society for charging too much interest. The idiot of a judge never checked my calcs. but accepted the building society's figures. About 2 weeks later, the building society wrote saying that a routine check of my account showed some errors and they enclosed a cheque for about £1000. If i hadn't been in a state of depression then, I would and should have made a complaint to the Lord Chancellor? for this blatant error by the judge. Your advice appreciated. Regards ***** *****

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/91ckb-2011-purchased-eco-investment-via-london-broker.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.