Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

.I wish to know when we withdraw the money from

Customer Question

Dear sir. I wish to know when we withdraw the money from Trans-Atlantic Bank in UK, do we have to pay tax first ? Can the bank deduct the tax out of our account ? I don't know this is the real or fraud. They have me pay money for the pin code and many things and the last is paying tax which is a lot of money

***@******.***
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I confirm - have you already paid any money to these individuals please or are yo being told you are owed money but must pay tax on it before you can receive the money please?

JACUSTOMER-d2ckajfv- :

I have paid for the pin to get into the account twice and the latest I have to pay tax in order to withdraw the money. I am not sure that is the real Trans-Atalantic Bank or fraud I got the mail from Trans-Atlantic bank from my trade Merchant ( www. Maxitradeboost.org) that I got the money from my investment with them and they put this fund with Thans-Atlantic bank.This bank use the link http://trans-atlantic-bank.xptratic.com/ which when I put my account and password ***** they gave to me ,then I saw my account as MTB told me. I am not sure that they can make up that link because when I check with the scam site and they said this link is unsafe.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. How much have you paid so far roughly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

First $35000 and second $40000 and they return back to my account $30000 per each account . There are two accounts .I don't have any money to pay more which I am not sure I will get the money back. I am afraid they will have me paid for unknown payment on and on They told me that I can pay $15000 + charged of late payment $6500 for each account and they can deduct the tax from my account I think I can't do anything wihth this and will not answer them and stop paying more money because it can be the scam site.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I am very sorry to say that this has all the hallmarks of a scam. The money requested is not legitimate and would not be requested by a bonefide financial company.

The bank appears to be a scam in that it makes claims to be a registered UK bank but provides credentials which belong to another bank. The company registration number they quote belongs to a legitimate bank called National Westminster Bank.

I would recommend making no further payments to the individuals you are dealing with and reporting the matter to the UK police that deal with online fraud which can be contacted using the below link:
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

If you have made payments through your bank or credit card you may contact your bank to see if they can assist in retrieving any of the money you have sent. If you paid by credit card they may also be able to assist you under international credit card (VISA, AMEX etc) rules.