75100385

I am the Chair of a Charity organisation. We operate in council

Customer Question

I am the Chair of a Charity organisation. We operate in council owned property and hire out rooms and facilities for local organisations and businesses, for meetings, office space and functions. Such groups as old peoples lunch clubs and diabetic society meetings. An adjoining part of our premises has been rented to a business dealing with sound recording. hey have defaulted, over the last 3 years on 14,000 of rent. Each time they explained it as business problems and did make smaller payments from time to time, along with requests to stay. They have finally left, owing the hire charges, but, now, claiming they will not pay, because of the condition of the lower floor of the building. There had been damp and leaking problems. We have offered them a meeting to agree a lesser figure to conclude our business. Is this the right way to deal with the situation? If we used legal methods to recover the money, am a right in saying that a likely outcome would be a compromise situation.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Can you confirm the property was defective? Did they ever complain about it please?