12826847

I was sexually abused as a young boy by an Uncle-in-law in

I was sexually abused as a young boy by an Uncle-in-law in South Africa. After many years "burying" the memory it is something I am now aware of as having an effect on my life now as a grown man, married with children.
The offender, now also lives here in the UK with his family. I need advice on what to do to and how to approach the situation as I feel he should get retribution for his wrong doing.
You can make a report in the UK but they would refer it back to the South African authorities as the UK courts do not have jurisdiction.
If he is in the UK then he would need to be invited back to South Africa to resolve the allegation. The UK do have treaties with other countries to hand people over although not generally for questioning only.
Alternatively you could sue in accordance with South african laws in South Africa.
Sorry if that is bad news.