12826847

My 16 year old daughter has stolen a very private personal

Customer Question

My 16 year old daughter has stolen a very private personal journal having riffled through my possessions. She had read it and is now taunting me and refusing to return it. The acrimony being down to not getting what she wants on an unrelated matter. I have made every effort to ask her to return it but could someone please let me know what the legal position of this is? I do not want to report this item as stolen with the police unless I really have to (and I don't want to be considered as wasting their time). I simply want this item returned.

This may seem like a silly request however the journal is part of a  profession course that I am doing where I have to diarise my most personal thoughts. The theft of this item feels like mental abuse.  Many thanks for your assistance.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you cancel the question do I get a refund?

Yes, we can process a refund on request. Please let me know if you would like me to do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please provide a refund. Thanks