12826847

I got a notice of intent to prosecute . I got

I got a notice of intent to prosecute for speeding. I got this because i have mail forwarding. But i have left the country and returned to irealnd.  I will however need to re-register the vehicle in ireland.  I hold an irish drivers licence not a UK one. Plus I might need to retun to the uk in the future.  The only details held by the uk authority are from the vehicle registration book.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I am not a UK citizen and I don't hold a UK licence. So what is the consequence of not responding to the NIP. Can this be tracked in the future, should I return to the UK. What would be the consequence of taking this course of action.

You will be tried and convicted in absence of failing to identify the driver.
If you are in Ireland then Northern Ireland and the UK have a system of mutual recognition of points and bans so although points would be added to your nominal UK licence they would be operative upon your NI one.
If you are in Southern Ireland then that would not happen but the fines would be enforced if you ever returned and if you converted your licence to a UK one then the points would have an impact.