31090051

I am currently being sued in the Court of Session, Edinburgh.

I am currently being sued in the Court of Session, Edinburgh. There are two pursuers, and they are represent by a no win/no fee legal team.
Early on in the litigation, we disputed that the Scottish Courts had jurisdiction, so we asked for a debate to be held to argue this point. Ultimately, we lost the debate and the litigation continued.
Since the Debate was treated as a separate "mini trial" as it was explained to me, the costs of that fell on me.
My question is: do I owe the costs for the debate to the lawyers, or to the pursuers themselves who should then collect the money from me and pass it on to their lawyers?
The reason I ask is that I am now bankrupt and need to know who my creditors are.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a Scots lawyer and will help you with this.
The costs, known as "judicial expenses" or just "expenses" in Scotland, are due to the Pursuers, so the Pursuers are your creditors. Assuming the award of expenses was made pre sequestration you should pass on any order for expenses to your trustee in sequestration.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.