Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

, My partner got charged with intent to supply class

My partner got charged with intent to supply class B drug - cannabis.
His "friend" was stopped driving and found with 7 grams off cannabis.
both my partner, the other passenger and the driver was arrested had the phones taken ect.
My partners house was searched and 2 grams were found.
However, I cant understand why he is being charged with intent to supply.
The cannabis found in the car wasn't his... and the two grams was for personal use
He has previous before for possession off cannabis.
I am pregnant and I am scared to death he is going to be sent down for this,
thanks
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Could you clarify some points for me please?
Was any cash found in the car? What about messages on the phones? Or was either of them or the car seen dealing to people?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you
No cash
No neither was seen dealing
There was no messages found on the phone I don't think - police still have his phone
This has been going on since last year - every time he went to anwser bail it was put back
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
So does he have a court date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
30th April, magistrates
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK.
It's not unusual for the police to charge with the most serious offence wherever possible. This does not mean that your partner is guilty. A charge is simply a method by which he would be brought before the Court: the prosecution still have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was involved in drug dealing.
His involvement could be based on a number of pieces of evidence - surveillance, eyewitnesses, admissions at the scene or in the police station. But if none of these things apply the prosecution won't have a case against him and he could look to dismiss the charge.
Without seeing the evidence for myself it's impssible to give you a definitive answer. But he should be getting a solicitor to contact the CPS for the evidence and that will reveal whether there is a case against him or not.
Seven grammes is not a very large amount of cannabis - if his only conviction in the past is some possession I would not expect him to go to prison for this.