HelloI work as an escort in the UK (I'm 29, English and

Hello I work as an escort in the UK (I'm 29, English and fully up-to-date with taxes as a self-employed person). I met a man in April 2014 who started out as a client, but who I stopped charging because we liked each other and he told me he wanted a relationship with me, and that he was single. Over the past two weeks I've been devastated to discover that he's actually engaged and was conning me into free bookings (although have no written proof of this). I have written a letter which I haven't posted yet, telling him that our 'relationship' was either personal or professional. In the letter I have said, if it's professional I would like to receive a sum of £4,500 into a specified bank account within four weeks - for 'services rendered' over the past year, a huge reduction from an escorts normal 12 hour fee of £900. I also said that if it was personal then I may trace and inform his partner what a lying con-artist he is. I haven't posted the letter and worried that it may look like blackmail even though it actually isn't, however, could I still be arrested for blackmail for this? In my opinion he has obtained services by deceit. Thank you.

I've also informed that if he makes the payment of 4.5k then I will not contact his fiancee.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you very definitely could. You will not only be arrested but charged and convicted and imprisoned. That is blackmail. The only potential defence that you could have is that the menace was conditional but that isn't very good.
He may well have behaved deceitfully. You cannot change the terms of your arrangement now. You chose not to charge him and therefore he is not liable to pay.
Even if he were liable to pay, making threats that you will disclose this arrangement unless he pays you money is blackmail.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that obtaining services by deceit was illegal though.

I will not be posting the letter further to the advice you provided.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There is an offence under the Fraud Act covering it but that isn't what has happened here.
In any event, that would just mean that he had committed an offence. It doesn't mean that he can be blackmailed I'm afraid.
Not sending it is the right thing to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Jo. I was seeing red and not thinking clearly, thanks for possibly saving me from a prison sentence.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand. Quite a lot of blackmails are committed in those sort of circumstances by people who would never normally commit criminal offences.
That is why relationship issues should be the subject of the family court rather than the criminal but they are not so you have to be aware of that.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice