75100385

On Tuesday 31st April 2015, 7 officers armed with a warrant

On Tuesday 31st April 2015, 7 officers armed with a warrant forced entered our house at 7.30 am in the morning as our 15 year old daughter opened the door for them. Initially, she thought they are burglars, as they were plain clothed but wearing bullet proof vests. They cut her foot in the process & barged into our bedroom as my wife was getting changed, informing us that someone in the house has used the internet to download indecent images and shouted that they will search the house & take all our electronic equipment. They said they were not aware children live at this address, we have three children two sons aged 17 & 11 & as mentioned our daughter is 15. They called myself, my wife & our elder son to the living room. Trying to intimidate us, shouting that we have a shot gun & where is it? I inherited the shotgun from my father & it is licenced. They started with our 17 years old son’s room, following my wife into the bathroom as she made herself more presentable. After a while, they told us that they found the software on his computer which indicated that he visited illegal sites (TOR browser). I was accompanied by one officer to get my shot gun license, which l keep in my office in Greenwich. My wife started to make the officers tea downstairs & without any warning or telling her, they arrested our son on suspicion & he was taken to the Lewisham Police Station London. She was only told of this as she came back to the living room. I rushed to the station as l came back from Greenwich & was present at his interview with the DC of the case. He was released at about 2.30pm on bail after being put into a cell. I contacted my property lawyer who put me in contact with a solicitor who was present at the questioning.
We were instructed to attend the station on Friday 10th April at 1pm. However on Friday at about 12 O’clock the DC phoned and told us they have postponed the case & for us to attend on 16th July at 11am as they need more time to search all the equipment they have taken from his room (desktop, laptops, Tablet pc, phones, including the prototype uncharged phone he has made & entered in a competition); All his school work projects etc. are within his computers. Social services senior officer was at our house for 5 hours on Friday, he was helpful and professional & we are told to get a more specialised attorney. Our son has missed 2 weeks of school so far, as well as his passport being taken away. Can you be of any assistance with this matter? The indication is that he will be cautioned even though they haven’t told us the charge yet & this affect his future travels to the USA. At no time has our son misbehaved in the past. All his friends are of his age or older, he has never showed any interest or friendship to children younger than himself.
Eddie Ertan
Alex Watts :

Hello Eddie my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Does he accept any illegal downloading or wrongdoing please?

Customer:

Unfortunately he says he did download and deleted.

Alex Watts :

Do you know what he downloaded?

Alex Watts :

Illegal stuff, or just copied music etc?

Customer:

Illegal stuff

Alex Watts :

If he is cautioned and he has downloaded illegal stuff it may be wise to accept to avoid Court.

Alex Watts :

However it wont affect him going to the USA

Alex Watts :

There is no information sharing between the UK and USA so they wont know about the caution

Customer:

Illegal stuff was indecent images would that effect the severity of the caution

Alex Watts :

No

Alex Watts :

There is either a caution or there is not

Customer:

Thanks Alex

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Alex Watts :

Try and rate now if you want, the button should be clicked!

Customer:

That's all thanks

Alex Watts :

Thank you. Good luck with this.

Alex Watts :

Enjoy your visit to the USA!

Alex Watts :

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply