29905560

I bought a truck on the 1st of April 2015 From Gaskin.V.S Ltd

I bought a truck on the 1st of April 2015 From Gaskin.V.S Ltd Commercial vehicle dealers for £4950.00 and issued a receipt.I was told the registration book and MOT will be sent to my address which has proved fruitless. I contacted the seller on 7th April 2015 and told that since it was a holiday it could have been delayed. On Friday the 10th April 2015 I phoned and was told the registration book has been posted today. Yesterday the 13th A.pril 2015 I phoned to ask why I had not yet received the documents and was told that seller will get back to me which did not happen. I have called to day twice and told they will come back to me, still not called back. I am feeling very uncomfortable which I told the male (Seller) who said he will get back to me.
I bought this truck to ship it to Zimbabwe and wanted to do all the transaction for shipping but because of this conduct I require help to recover my money and they can keep the truck as I have lost faith in dealing with them.
Thomas Mvemve
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do they still have the truck?

Customer:

Yes

Ben Jones :

Was there any timeline agreed at the time of sale as to when these documents would be sent to you?

Customer:

By word of mouth I was told the documents will be posted and since I had a receipt and intended to export it before the 24th April 2015

Ben Jones :

have you asked them for the money back?

Customer:

Not yet I intend going that route

Ben Jones :

so do you simply wish to know how to pursue them for the money should they decline to refund you?

Customer:

Yes

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please, won't be long

Ben Jones :

Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

Customer:

thank you could you do me a favour and email me this advise

Ben Jones :

unfortunately we cannot email customers. You have a few options:

a) If you see a 'share' button and hover over it you can see the option to print.
b) You could copy and paste this conversation into a Word document or equivalent. You can then save and/or print it and refer to it in the future as necessary.
c) This conversation will be stored in your account on this site so you may return to view it or do any of the above at any time

Customer:

Thank you trying to save advise

Ben Jones :

no problem, let me know if you need further help

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I have managed to save the information, once again save

Ben Jones :

ok great, thanks for letting me know