12826847

I have just received a demand for £745 from a Justice Clerk

Customer Question

I have just received a demand for £745 from a Justice Clerk for something that I know nothing about. Apparently I have ignored a request for driver details (wouldn't dare do it). Then I'm supposed to have ignored a fine for not providing the details ( Something else I wouldn't do). Now I'm apparently facing arrest without any chance of questioning what I'm supposed to have done in the first place. Can the court do this.? It seems grossly unfair and I'm flabbergasted as it's the first I know about it.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you the owner of the vehicle suggested please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know. The first I knew about it was tonight when I got home from work. Apparently I was asked for driver details last year and ignored it. I have two cars registered in my name, but I consider myself fairly intelligent as not to ignore something like that.Then I'm accused of failing to give the information. It looks as if that went to court and I was fined £600. Now I'm accused of failing to pay that fine and am liable to be arrested. I'm stunned.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex. Sorry I'm getting frustrated and confused. I have two vehicles but the charge is now 'failing to give details of a driver when requested'. I don't know which vehicle they're asking for or anything about the initial offence, if there was one. This final threat of arrest and passing the case to bailiffs is the first I've heard about it. Potentially the £600 fine is about to be increased by 50%. My wife and I are distraught about it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex. I seem to be going round in circles here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you computer generated. I keep getting asked the same question.