UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

! I have a discretionary leave to remain expiring next year

Hi! I have a discretionary leave to remain expiring next year in November, how long does it takes to renew ? I m married to a UK citizen
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
It is very difficult to put a time frame on discretionary leave to remain simply because each case is decide on its own merits. What this means is that depending on how complex or straight your case is will determine the amount of time a caseworker will spend on it.
But if we take an average I would say around 2 - 3 months, but if you case is very complicated it can take longer.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.