The owner of the vehicle has been in touch, saying that if we dispose of the vehicle he will pursue a claim against us for the same make and model of vehicle.
Further more, he is claiming that we offered him 'free indefinite storage' on the car due to the damage, which was not the case. In any case we wrote to him saying that the storage would be on a paid basis, which was never challenged until now, when the situation had been 'pushed'.
He says that he will remove the car, when he has the parts to repair and obtain a new MOT, at a time 'when he sees fit'.
This in all honesty, was not what I was expecting.
Our terms and conditions state that we can give 3 months notice to any customer to remove their vehicle from our premises.
I feel that even if we did that and just cut our losses. he still would not remove it.
The other option is to take it through the courts and let a judge decide.
What are your views?