12826847

My husband's 16 year old son emigrated to Australia in July

Customer Question

My husband's 16 year old son emigrated to Australia in July 14 with his mum and new husband. My husband signed for him to leave the country as he said he wanted to try it. He is home for a holiday and has told us he does not want to go back and wants to stay in the UK with us. Can you tell us what our rights are please. He is at school in Oz but says he wants to come home to England and take up his education here. Do we have to send him back. His mum say's he must go back and that she will not let him return to England until he has finished his schooling in Australia.
When is he actually due to return - and when does he turn 17?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been back home for 3 weeks and has gone back to Australia tonight. He is very upset and wanted to stay here. He will be 17 years old in February 2016.
When is he due back in the Uk for another holiday?