13262538

I bought a house under (Barclays) mortgage in 2002 and paid

Customer Question

I bought a house under (Barclays) mortgage in 2002 and paid it off in 2004. I asked for 'my title deeds' and was sent a "Charge Certificate". This has no names on it, let alone mortgage details, so my question is "How can I see proof I own my home mortgage free?"
Just to check
It is in fact headed "Office Copy of the Entries in the Register"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. It is headed "HM Land Registry", then "Charge Certificate". There is a Title Number inside.

In that case - to have the reassurance that you need, you need to apply to the Land Registry for a Copy of the Land Register using the service here
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry
Which shoudl show you as the owner of the property and that there are no outstanding charges involved
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details