Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

is a deed poll (change of name) a legal document recognized

is a deed poll (change of name) a legal document recognized in the UAE?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Is this a deed poll that has been prepared in the UK please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is a poll that has been prepared in the UK.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachment: 2015-04-15_111236_deed_of_change_of_name_-_deed_poll_-_ludovic_mapessa.pdf

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. A deed poll can be recongnised in the UAE but it will need to be legalised (sometimes referred to as apostilled) in order for it to be admissable in UAE.

In order to apply for legalisation you will first need to obtain a certified copy of the deed poll from a local solicitor. Some countries require that you use a notary public - this is a person (often though not always a solicitor that has obtain further qualifications and credentials.

Once you have a certified copy you will need to use the Foreign Office legalisation service. This can be done either online and by post or by visiting in person if it is very urgent. Information on how to use the service can be found below.

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Can I help you with anything else or has the above answered your questions satisfactorily?