12826847

I'm a midwife years now, I forgot to write a figure

Customer Question

I'm a midwife for 13 years now, I forgot to write a figure down on a mums notes who was pregnant with a compromised baby. This happened at the last 10 mins of a 12 hour shift. the baby died - no fault of mine. it would have been born that day but there were no NICU cots for it. I was 8 years in NICU and had just been transferred back into midwifery. Management have admitted at meetings that they were aware I should have been mentored due to a phased return but there was staff sickness on the ward. Managaement were aware and allowed this to continue. Since I got moved back into midwifery I have had no unsocial hours as Ive been supernumery, then sick then supernumery again. Ive not worked and nights or weekends. My union rep is not helping........I do not know which way to turn.. Im 54 years old and planned on continuing on my current part time basis.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would you like to know about this situation?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - can you please clarify what you wish to know about your situation, what are you hoping to achieve?