75100385

Good evening I lent a second cousin £6000 pounds interest

Good evening
I lent a second cousin £6000 pounds interest free in January 2013 on condition it was supported by a promissory note specifying it was to be repaid on or before 15th April 2015
The promissory was duly signed, witnessed by her solicitor .
Today, the due date I have not received payment , I have tried to contact her but she has not responded.
I anticipate difficulty in recovering the money , however as it is part of my pension pot , I feel fully justified in pursuing her
can you please advise me as to the best course of action to recover the debt
Thank you very much indeed
Tom Danter
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response , does the claim have to be submitted to my local court or where she is resident I live 250 miles from her

rgds

You can do it online and if defended will be transferred locally to her.
Even if you issue at your court it will be transferred to the home court

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.