Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have received a suggestion that i have won 750,000 Euros,

Customer Question

I have received a suggestion that i have won 750,000 Euros, from what looks genuine enough from SAMSUNG and suggests I sign up to about 1600 Euros of legal costs .. I presume this is a scam, but it does look quite genuine
Should I just ignore it
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you entered a competition or bought any products from Samsung ? If not then it is unlikely to be genuine, this is particuarly because if it was genuine you would not be asked to pay money up front to claim your prize.
I would suggest you call the Samsung UK head office number and ask them about it. They are likely to confirm to you that this is a scam. The number is *****(###) ###-####
Unfortunately if something seems too good to be true it often is.
if you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.