75100385

I AM A LOCCAL MOT STATION AND VEHICLE REPAIRER.I WAS AUTHORIZED

I AM A LOCCAL MOT STATION AND VEHICLE REPAIRER.I WAS AUTHORIZED TO REPAIR A VEHICLE UNDER WARRANTY BY A LOCAL VEHICLE DEALER WICH I DID. THE BILL FOR THIS WAS £2174.51 PLUS VAT. THE WORK WAS COMPLETED VEHICLE WAS RETURNED TO THERE CUSTOMER. BILL WAS GIVEN TO MOTOR DEALER WHO THE REFUSED TO PAY. TWO WEEKS LATER THE VEHICLE CAME BACK WITH A WATER LEAK WICH I REPAIRED FREE OF CHARGE. IT WAS THEN I RETAINED VEHICLE BY PUTTING A LIEN ON VEHICLE.CAN I RETAIN VEHICLE TILL PAYMENT IS RECIEVED
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have terms and conditions which have been signed by your customer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex

I have never had a written contract with dealer I have worked on his vehicles for approximately 12yrs. It has always been I do the work and then present bills and he would pay towards end of month. But over the last few months I have not done much work on there behalf. So on this basis I presented my invoice about 7 days after the vehicle was returned to there customer. My customers immediate response was there was no more money due. The only money I have received up to now is payment for the replacement remanufactured engine which I purchased on his behalf from eBay for the sum of £2450+ VAT. This engine was a bare engine so all components from the existing engine needed to be transferred. This involved gaskets bolts, oil filters, timing chain flywheel and clutch and 4 second hand injectors. All these parts were authorised by his colleague James I have not done any work without prior authorisation from James. My total outstanding bill is for the sum of £2174.51 which I have not received and he will not enter into any conversation of any sort. I have received a letter from his solicitor saying that I must release the vehicle to there customer for with.

If you own the parts then you have a lien. This means you CAN Refuse to release it until you have been paid in full.
If they do not then you can refuse to release. They can only gain access with a Court order.
So yes you have a lien.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex. Thank you that's all i needed to no thanks
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.