75100385

I think my question comes under Intellectual Property I am

I think my question comes under Intellectual Property
I am an autism practitioner with over 34 yrs experience. I am vice chair of an autism charity and provide a rolling programme of training for them. One of the sessions is a 2 hour powerpoint presentation to support the parents of newly diagnosed children. It is a workshop I have been doing for some year.
I was approached yesterday by south Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust to buy my work for them to deliver on a regular basis. I have no idea if I should do this and what the pitfalls are
your advice would be gratefully received
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you self employed or employed please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Self employed

You will always own the IP. If they want to buy your work then you can do this on a number of basis:1) Outright - this means they can use your work any which way without restriction. You will be given a sum of money to release all your rights and they can do whatever they want with it2) Licence - this means you can limit the way in which they use your work. It could be you limit it to x presentations a year, x people able to give it, or you are given a certain fee for each presentationBut there are no real pitfalls as such. It is more of a commercial decision on how you want to take it forward. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would it make a difference if I used Copyright? Or would that be a waste of time?

Is there a 'rule of thumb' price if I decided to go down that route? I have not been approached with an offer such as this before, having spent my working life in education.

You can but its expensive and if its not going to be sold on etc. There is no set price, its all a matter for you!
Can I clarify anything else for you about this at all?
If not can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen. If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex, I presume I can stipulate, if I sell, that I do not want it sold on to anyone else?

P

Yes you can.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does - thank you

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/