Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Does any one know anything about First Capital Securities and

Does any one know anything about First Capital Securities and if they buy purchase land
they call called me saying they were purchasing it for a Chinese Corporation but told me I would have to pay ten percent of the offered price to purchase a Security Bond. Is this a scam
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Do you have any contact information for the organisation please?Are they proposing to purchase land you own from you in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Suite 10-14,***** London EC2R 8AY

Tel; ********** /p>

Fax *********** /p>

email *****@******.***

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I'm very sorry unfortuantely the system automatically stars out email address for privacy. COuld you kindly just post the web address after the @ symbol in the email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

firstcapgroup.com

Karen Hamilton is typed as head of admin but not signed

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. There is no such registed limited company. Also the phone number does not connect. They also claim to offer financial advice which is a reserved activity but they are not registered with the Financial Conduct Authority. Accordingly the outfit does not have the credientials they claim which may amount to fraud by deception. Further the proposal they have made to you is typical of an advance fee fraud - whereby a payment is requested on some pretext or another which can vary widely in return for the promise of reward. Advance fee frauds are designed to extract payment and that alone. You would not be asked for a security bond to sell land. Quite the reverse if they wish to buy it they would pay you a deposit prior to completing the sale. I would recommend not entering into any further discussions with the other party and reporting the matter to the police using their action fraud service.http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ Have I been able to help you with all your questions on the above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I live in Northern Ireland would I report it to the PSNI or do you have an address for police in England .

Thank you for your help

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Because the outfit claims to be based in London (though they are probably based entirely outside the UK in reality) the MET is likely to be the best place to report the matter to anyway as it is unlikely the NI police will be able to do very much themselves and would just pass on the report to the MET anyway. At least they should be able to get the website shut down if they are satisfied it is a scam to help prevent fraud against others.Is there anything above I can clarify for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is all, disappointing as I could do with the money and thanks again, I will report them

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I am glad I was able to assist. I am glad at least we have had this conversation prior to you handing over any money which would have been much worse. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do not hesitate to revert to me.If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though