12826847

If a relative of mine has recently made false allegations relating

If a relative of mine has recently made false allegations relating to family violence many years ago, repeated on a number of occasions in interviews to newspapers and magazines which are also detailed on the internet, is there anything I can do about it ? It is anticipated that the allegations will be made again in the future. Would this type of behaviour come under the heading of malicious harassment ?
There isn't an offence of malicious harassment. There is an offence of harassment. If your question is basically whether making untrue allegations can amount to harassment then the answer is that it can.
The difficulty is that it is very difficult to show that an allegation is false. It is one thing to show it is disbelieved and another thing to show it cannot be true. Proving a negative is very difficult. That is why these professional victims make these allegations because the risk of detection is very low.