13262538

My step-son is now subject to a Child Protection order after

My step-son is now subject to a Child Protection order after I told him off he lied to his teacher and said I twisted his ear. I did not touch the boy. After the CP conference I was given I was given a report which said I confiscated his toys and made him buy them back. I had no chance to challenge this as the conference was over before I could reads it. I asked him abou this and he denies ever saying it, What rights do I have for redress?
When is the first core group meeting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Monday 20th April

My apologies - I should have asked - how old is the child, and what do you mean by "redress" in these circumstances?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

11yrs

I would like Social Services take the inaccuracies out of their reports and take him off the Child Protection list as it contains lots of lies and paints me as some kind of monster,

Whether the allegations are true or not clearly there is something amiss with your step son and to an extent this is why his name has been placed on the Register.
This is not an Order - which can only be made by the court - although it is the start of a process that could potentially lead to an Court Application
You will have ample opportunities in the coming months to challenge the report and for the truth to be revealed - but his name will remain on the Register until the first Review Conference at the very least.
At that point the process could be dropped to child in need to support the boy with whatever made him lie.
I am sorry I know that this is not the instant removal that you would wish, but after Baby P the process has become much more inflexible to avoid risk.
When dealing with the social workers you will need to work hard to stay calm. If you do not understand what they are trying to say - challenge it and ask for it in less jargon filled language. If they make a generalisation about something then ask for some examples to "help you understand"
At the Review conference you are entitled to ask for time to read ALL the reports before the meeting begins - again stay calm and simply insist upon it.
Please ask if you need further details