tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

To be more specific regarding my original question- how can

To be more specific regarding my original question- how can I put forward my case and also that of neighbours that noise form football games are a nuisance i.e.whay is unacceptable noise levels?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, thank if your question. My name is***** can assist you with this.
There is no minimum or maximum level of noise which is prescribed by law. The court simply has to weigh up the effects of the noise concerned, once measured, upon the parties that are said to suffer because of it. You will often find that local councils will send out inspectors to assess the noise, and report accordingly. They do have the power to take enforcement action.
However, you can carry out such inspections yourself, but you will likely need to instruct a professional acoustics engineer. They will record the level of noise, and write a report upon what they consider to be reasonable for the type of surrounding in which the noise takes place. Then, it is simply a quantitative judgement as to whether that noise is excessive in all the circumstances.
I hope this clarifies the legal position for you. If you wish to ask anything else, please feel free to do so. I'm happy to assist with any additional questions you might have. Otherwise, please do remember to rate the answer for me before leaving.
Tony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What my neighbours and I are trying to do is to out a case to justify our objection to a planning application to improvements to a foot ball ground that will allow them to play national league games. Is there no reasonable guidelines written down anywhere? Any web site I can check out.