75100385

Is there a charge service please?

Customer Question

Is there a charge for this service please?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.The site has different methods - 1) Pay per question or 2) Subscription with a free trial. I can see you are on pay per questionCould you please explain your problem and I will see if I can help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would appreciate some advice on situation as follows:

1. We received an enquiry from a contractor for some acoustic panels. They were specified by an architect who had sought the advice of an acoustic engineer. To achieve the acoustic performance necessary, the insulation is typically fastened to the structure first, and then the panels (supplied by us) would be installed to timber rails to conceal the insulation. We do not supply the insulation – it is merely an item of the combined construction which, if the acoustician has done his sums right, will meet the acoustic needs.

2. We quoted stating clearly that it was only for supply of the panels and thus made no mention of the insulation.

3. They are now using words like “confirm you panels are compliant” etc etc and being very adversarial. I am concerned they are setting us up for a battle later and would like not to proceed. They are demanding, unreasonable and are far from cooperative - and this is before we even start the project. (Value £138 K or so as it stands.)

4. What are the implications if we state that “We hereby withdraw our quotation “ xyxy? Can we do this and be safely out of it?

If you have made it clear it is for supply only then they can not force you to confirm that they are compliant. Indeed if you are relying on a specification from a third party, in this case the architect then clearly you are using what he says. If you are concerned and the quote has not been accepted, then you are entitled to withdraw your quotation.So if the quote has not been accepted as an order and they are simply being demanding you are entitled to withdraw from the quote and offer to supply.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Would you like to give me your contact info?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Irrespective of their arguments we are concerned that they would sue at the drop of a hat, so your answer is very helpful - thanks.

Happy to help.