75100385

, I wondered of you could help, I was in court on Wednesday

I wondered of you could help, I was in court on Wednesday for 2 driving offences. On Wednesday i had a case being heard in Hull Magistrates and at the same time I had a case being heard in Mold Magistrates both for different motoring offences. I was unaware of the Hull hearing as I have only just received the documentation due to moving recently so I did not inform either court that I had other hearings that day.
I received 6 points from each court but prior to either case going to court I had a clean licence with 0 points, neither court has revoked my licence an I am unsure as to whether I can still drive and how I go about bringing the 2 cases together so that a court can look at my case and whether I can appeal exceptional circumstances for a reason not to be banned.
Could you advise a) where i currently stand within the eyes of the law regarding driving b) what the best way is now to deal with this?
Kind Regards
Mark
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you yet been disqualified please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - neither court has disqualified me; I rang for the outcome to both court and was advised I hsd recieved 6 points and a fine on each occasion.
But you only knew about the one hearing?.
What was the offence fir each?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 2 hearings where brought to court by 2 separate Police authorities, I was aware of 1 which was held in the local court of Mold. This offence was for driving without insurance - which I received 6 points and a fine. The other offence was for not providing driver details for a speeding offence, I have moved home in the past 4 months and the correspondence in relation to this offence was not passed onto me until the day of the hearing. It was my fault entirely why I had not received the correspondence but I was not aware of the hearing until yesterday, and so yesterday I was in 2 different courts in different regions of the country for 2 different offences. I received 6 points for each but not a ban, my licence prior to going to court was clean and so I assume neither court would have looked at revoking my licence. So in essence yesterday I received 12 points through totting up so should have been banned by one of the courts but this was not an outcome at either.

Had up notified the dvla of change of address ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not as of yet no - all documents etc relate to my parents address

Did they get the court details etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got the court details etc - who are you referring yo ?
Did your parents get the Court details please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they did - they where addressed to me but ended up in a batch of mail that got misplaced

Ok. What you need to do is make a statutory declaration as to the one you did not know about.That is you swear before the Court you didnt know about the proceedings (until when you did). If satisfied the Court will then set those proceedings aside.Then this will take you back down to 6 points.But as it is you have 12 points but have not been disqualified. You can still drive as until you ARE disqualified by a Court you can still drive.But make a statutory declaration as the position as the moment is far from satisfactory.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?