12826847

We displayed unknowingly via a blog on our website a Getty

Customer Question

We displayed unknowingly via a blog on our website a Getty Image. The article and image had been supplied to us for the blog. We have since discovered the image was taken from a travel blog and sent to us to use. As I say we had no idea it was a Getty Image and we assume the original company paid to use it. However Getty Images are now trying to charge us £900 for the use of the image although as soon as they highlighted the fact that the image was Rights Managed we removed it and explained to them that we had, in total innocence, used the image supplied to us by a third party. They are stating that it does not matter and we have to pay them this money. We are a small business and find this quite unacceptable. Obviously we are fully aware that charges are levied if we wish to use an image that we seek out and buy from Getty but this was not the case. Can you advise asap as they are threatening legal action unless we pay them by 22nd April.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have the article suppliers details? Have they said how they get to £900?
Please note there may be a delay in replying as I have a number of client conferences, but I will respond ASAP.