Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

A client sold a property in an auction that no longer want

A client sold a property in an auction that no longer want to sell. Can that be done?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
i will try and help
why do they no longer wish to sell and when was the auction?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Two reasons they felt pressured by the auctioneer and had spokento them prior asserting he had a better offer. They auctioned the property for £296K and when he had an offer for £300k. secondly, they came to his door without telling him today which annoyed him.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Simple, he has better offer and they came to his door without telling him.

so the people who won the auction @ £296K came to the door?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, they haven't nominated a solicitor and they are coming to door and being rude to neighbours. He had sent an email he wished to accept the offer for £300K and the auctioneer was frantic about taking off their books as it was a popular lot.

he is willing to pay their fees just doesn't want their buyer.

Ok well the problem is that by the offer being accepted at auction (i.e the hammer coming down) the offer has been accepted and a legally binding contract created. The buyer have (usually) 20 working days to complete the matter at the agreed price. If your client fails to complete he will be in breach of contract an liable to be sued for damages by the buyer (usually loss of the profit of the house, interest, plus fees etc). I doubt that turning up at the house is a breach of contract on their part, however a stiff letter from his solicitor telling them not to do that again should put pay to this.
I hope this has helped (even if it may not be quite what you wished for). if so could you leave me positive feedback so I can be pad for my time. the question wont close and you can return with any additional questions later down the line
can I help further?
I will be nipping off line for a bit. if you post any additional q's I will come back to you on them on my return. of if you wish to have the live discussion then just let me know.