Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i have recieved a court claim against me from money claim.i

i have recieved a court claim against me from money claim.i only recieved it yesterday.
it says on it date of service 15th april i paid the compay on the 10th april. they are saying i still have to pay 160.00 costs is this correct please?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Would I be correct to assume that you have conclusive evidence of the date you made payment please? e.g. bank statement or receipt?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Yes i have a bank statement

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If you can show that the debt was paid before the claim was issued you may wish to complete the response pack indicating that the debt claimed was repaid and return this under cover of a letter addressed to the court asking the claim to be struck out on the basis that 1) there is no claim to answer and 2) that the claim may be an abuse of the courts process if issued deliberately by the claimant after payment was made.In such circumstances, it is unlikely the claimant would be able to recover the court fee unless he could show he cold not reasonably have known that you had made payment before issuing a claim. In the assumption that you notified the claimant of the payment this would seem unlikely.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me.