13262538

, I cannot cope with the horrible divorce after years of

Hi, I cannot cope with the horrible divorce after years of abuse and I consider moving away from the UK to get peace in my life. Can the UK follow me to another European country with his court proceedings for maintenence?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am ok to wait. Thank you!

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What makes you believe that you will have to pay him any maintenance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clare,

He has a lot of support and I have none. One friend of his is a solicitor and he manged to get him legal aid for the divorce. Also, the family court does not protect me. They do not listen when I want a separate room. He has a court order not to come near me, but the family court does not care. Everything appears to be against me at the moment.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why have you been in court for the divorce?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For the costs of the divorce.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is very unusual - when was the Decree Nisi granted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

29. 19. 2014. I do not have to pay for the divorce costs after this court hearing because he forgot to tick a box. He then stopped the divorce and now tries to sue me for money.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Right so the Decree Nisi was granted and no costs order was made?
What has he done to try and sue you for the money?
Do you intend to apply for the Decree Absolute?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I will apply for the degree absolute as soon as that is possible in accordance with the legal situation, which will be in 2 weeks time.

He filed a financial order against me and he wants me to be ordered by the court to pay for him. He is disabled and claims to be unable to ever work again.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Right - so he has asked the Court to deal with the Financial issues between you.
When is the first hearing date?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems there is no court hearing yet. I have not received any court date. His solicitor wants me to send over the form E for exchange before it goes to court. I am on sick leave for an indefinite time now. I hope that counts when the court sends me the date for the hearing.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Are all the financial details as set out before-on the other thread?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, with the difference that I will soon be on benefits as I only get statutory sick pay.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then you have nothing to fear from this process - you will not have to pay him anything.
Fill the form in and send it off and let them get on with it.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.