12826847

i am a builder who gave a personal 10 guarantee to my client

Customer Question

i am a builder who gave a personal 10 guarantee to my client who is a lawyer, for work carried out. the ground floor under floor heaing and tiling failed due to incorrectly installed by my contractors, which i redone the work to a higher spec and covered all costs to reinstate as it should have been. this was redone in 2013 april/may.
i have just been demanded a sum of 2784.oo in advance for works which have not yet been carried out, nor supplied me of any evidence of the issue other than a quote, he has given me 7 days to pay , of which his letter was dated the 9th i actually received it on the 13th, threatening legal costs and associated costs damages etc.
the remedial work was over seen by both of us and his view is the joists were not supported enough, but given the time passed if this was the case it would have happened sooner, there i think could be other reasons for the tiles to crack, but the blame and cost is being directed at me. i am willing to accept liability but only if its justified. 2784 is a lot of money when you have two small children. thanks jason
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you been offered the chance to put the work right please?