75100385

At the end of the summer last year, my then girlfriend and

Customer Question

At the end of the summer last year, my then girlfriend and I had an argument where she believed I was cheating. She then became angry and then called the police and told them that I had tried to beat her up. She understands that I'm a law graduate and that I can not afford to get a criminal record, she was intentionally trying to sabotage my career.
I went through several months of stress and I picked up a severe case of depression during the months that the police would come and harass me at ridiculous hours and keep me in custody several times for no clear reason. I was told by one police officer however that if I was cleared then she would be done for wasting the police officers time. In late february I was cleared of all charges. Since then I've had to deal with all the consequences whilst it seems that she's ran off with no issue. What's interesting is that she has made this claim against one of her previous ex boyfriends and then not given a statement, she seems to believe this is a way to punish those that displease her. I was wondering if there is anything at all I can do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did the police ever charge her with wasting police time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex, no they didn't

It's bad news I am afraid. Sadly people make horrible complaints that are unfounded. In that case all that can be done is the police charge with wasting police time.
Sadly you can't stop people making complaints, the police have a duty to investigate as if they did not and something had happened it would be a scandal all over the news. Domestic violence is taken seriously for obvious reasons but I am sorry to say you can't stop people making complaints or take action yourself.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see, I understand, would it be possible for me to insist to the police that they at least charge her with wasting their time or is that entirely their call?

Sadly no. You can't Insist the police do anything. It's up to them whether they charge sadly.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.