75100385

In a complaint letter to the chair of a charitable organisation

Customer Question

In a complaint letter to the chair of a charitable organisation I would like to inform of self disclosure by my supervisor, who claims to have recovered from these traits.
How do I formulate the information without libel, slander deformation etc?
She disclosed that she had
shoplifted, been and alcoholic, had asbos issued against her and had been asked to defer her university completion because it was identified that she was in a manic state.
She believed in self disclosure to prove that with applying the therapy she provides she had recovered. I admired her for that until she started to display and anger and manic activity and now published lible towards me for which I am complaining.
Here is her acknowledgement of my admiration for her self disclosure:
'Dear Claire
Thank you for your warm message.
it doesn’t surprise me that you can express such warmth, compassion and loving kindness towards another.
However, my self-disclosure, as a use of self, will be rendered meaningless unless this is contributing towards your being able
to apply those same loving qualities, patiently and congruently towards yourself.
I sincerely ***** ***** trust that it is.'
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you know the facts of the letter to be true please?
Note there may be a slight delay in my reply as I have a number of client conferences today. But I will get back to you a short time later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Alex

Thank you for your reply.

It is true that the woman said to me - there were no witnesses -

She disclosed that she had

She had recovered from this kind of behaviour and mental state. And I admired her for this.

She believed in self disclosure to prove that with applying the therapy she provides she had recovered. I admired her for that UNTIL she started to display anger and manic activity towards me and became careful of her.

I have launched a complaint about her. She describes herself being angry irritable etc when she threw 'thumped' the file down etc. This made me very cautious as I did not want to be the next one she might choose to act her anger out on.

I would not write this but I do want to know the employer to know that according to her she has a past history of impulsive behaviour and possibly mental health issues. I know I must not be discriminatory but I must not be open to further attack and call for caution.

She acknowledged my admiration as i stated before by saying:

'Dear Claire

Thank you for your warm message.

I look forward to hearing from you soon as I need to complete my letter.

Claire

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
In that case you do not need to worry. If it is true then you have nothing to worry about.
But let's take the extreme case where it isn't true and she claimed you have defended her. If this was to court to court it would have to be a high court issue and would cost at least. £15,000 to take it to court.
It's a very complex and expensive procedure I am sure they would not want to follow. In any event if you said sorry the court would dismiss the claim in any event.
The whole point is that is should only be used where stars are defamed in the newspaper for clearly untrue stories.
So in short I do not think you should worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
1. Please note I did not ' defend' her . She might take it as an offence especially as mental health issues are involved and if she had as is she will have them served Nd done with.
2 I don't know if what she said is true .
3I only know that it is true that she said this to me.
I don't want to end up l
Sued for libel -
If I write this to the chair with the heading confidential then it is not for publishing and there is not a 3rd person involved. Is that sufficient cover for me.
Basically how do I word it so that she can't sue?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You won't be sued don't worry.
You can use the words allegedly. This means you don't know for sure.
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.
Alex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Alex
My internet is down an I can only rarely and not adequately access your answers.
Please how do I report in writing state in my complaint that Mrs X has reported to me that she had been an alcoholic A Shop lifter had Asbos issued and had been asked to defer from university because she had acted ( her dissertation was manic) in a manic manner WHITHOUT slandering or lible . Remember I am complaining about this Mrs X and her slander and lible !
I felt threatened and intimidated by the behaviour she displayed against ME and this is when I remembered that she has a history of abusive behaviour ?
I look forward to hearing from you thank you . This your answer is important to me. I don't want suing
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You just the words alledgely then you wont be sued.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Alex.