75100385

Two tradesmen with independent existing LTD companies, my new

Two tradesmen with independent existing LTD companies, my new business partner (BP) and I started new Ltd company speciailising in property management, trading 13 months. £150k turnover, 15 nett profit. £0k assets, 4k in tools purchase.
Two shareholders 50/50 ownership. Standard articles, no director agreement, no shareholder agreement. I was not a director, BP was sole director, no employment agreement. We charged the new company a management fee from our existing companies. After disagreement BP wrote email saying he wanted to fold company "next week" and he did not want to be involved in any other projects. I want to continue trading. I appointed myself as second director as I'm not sure if BP has the best interests at heart and can't see how he is maintaining his fiduciary duty.
Q1, I believe he can't voluntarily liquidate the company without 75% of members agreeing, I don't agree so he can't
Q2, Given his written request not to be involved any longer can I accept this as his resignation and remove him as a Director?
Q3, Without assets I am assuming that the easiest position is to split the cash position 50/50 in lieu of him returning his shareholding to the Company?
Q4, Can he claim over the 50% of the cash position for any goodwill element, and di I have to accept any offer he may make for selling his share back
Think that covers it
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm happy to wait another 48hrs

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I note what you say about Directors agreement etc. is anything whatsoever in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing.

Correct
Yes.
Yes
He can either sell his share or you can sell the business or assets. If you do then you split this 50/50 less debts.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Alex

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.