Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My dad died a couple of weeks ago and my two sistrs are exeutors

My dad died a couple of weeks ago and my two sistrs are exeutors of the will. do both executors need to sign all paper work and do they need to agree on who values the property or can one do it with out the other being notified
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Is there potentially an argument brewing, or are you just wanting to know if one can refrain from acting if they decide to do so?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my brother wants to buy the house which is fine. but it seems one of my sisters has had the house valued and not said anything to the other is that allowed. also how many agents should value the house and which value do u go with. the agent that has valued it at the moment is my brother so it doesn't seem right

On the basis that Probate has been granted to both sisters, both have to act and agree together on everything concerning the Estate. Hence, if the house is to be sold, both sisters should obtain 3 impartial valuations and the middle valued one be used.

Your sisters owe a duty of care to all the beneficiaries, so the valuation from your brother should be disregarded straight away, and 3 independent valuations be obtained.

If it is more practical for your one sister to deal with these valuations, then that is fine, provided your other sister is notified of the valuations and agrees to proceed with the middle valuation.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al