75100385

my Polish cleaner has rented, with 5 other Poles, rooms in

my Polish cleaner has rented, with 5 other Poles, rooms in a London flat for 7 years, but all now sent a text from Polish landlord saying they must leave in 1 week's time; they have no paperwork: no lease and have paid rent weekly in cash (no receipts) and do not even know landlord's name. They suspect the flat is owned by a Jewish landlord who rents it out to the POle without knowing he is subletting to these 6 women, but do not know the name of the real owner. I am asking on their behalf as their English not good - rooms advertised in a london polish newspaper. Obivously the mantaking the rent and now evicting them is not paying any UK tax. But is there anything the women can do - they are afraid of finding
their stuff on pavement, and locked out, but so short a time to find new place to live.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Does the Landlord live in please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO, the landlord does not live in

Ok. They need to go to the council asap. They can't be evicted without a court order.
The landlord Must give 2 months notice for them to move, if they dont only then can he apply to court for a possession order. Even once there is a possession order he must use a certified bailiff to evict.
If he does not get a court order or does not use certified bailiffs it is an unlawful eviction. Therefore if they go to the council the council can write to the landlord and set out the position.
But in short they can not be evicted without a court order and they must be served two months notice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One of the 5 already went to the council who said they could not help because they had no paperwork, no lease, no receipts for payment of rent etc and did not even know the landlord's name.

Please comment.

That makes no difference.
A contract can be oral. If they live there and the landlord does not, the landlord MUST MUST give 2 months notice and get a court order to evict,
There is no question of that.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.