75100385

Is there a legal requirement car parks to be lit,

Is there a legal requirement for public car parks to be lit, at the ticket machine and highlighting humps across the road and pavements. Thank you.
Is there any reason you think there may be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I fell over an unlit hump across the road it was pitch black no lights it was 06.45 on 30th November 13. smashed my nose, my glasses into my face and both knees, falling flat I had sore breasts the left side has been constantly in pain, I have been to my Doctor several times, had a mammogram and have a hospital apt on 23rd April

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you a personal injury Solicitor yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex,

We have sent all the details and photos to Slater and Gordon in December 2013, they sent me a letter in March 2015, telling me they are dropping my case, I believe they don't like dealing with councils.

There is no legal requirement to have the machines, humps and pavements lit.
What a Court will consider is whether the Council have been negligent? Was there a risk which was reasonably foreseeable. if the answer is yes and the Council did nothing then they are negligent.
If the answer is no then they are not negligent. But there is no specific law requiring lighting in the areas you have mentioned. The Council will just have to show that there was no foreseeable risk.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience