12826847

I have a neighbour who commits acts of harassment, criminal

I have a neighbour who commits acts of harassment, criminal damage etc from their garden which is adjacent to mine (this has gone on for 10yrs). The only way I can prove who is doing it is to have CCTV showing their garden as well as my own. Do these circumstances make this permissible? All the offences have been reported to the police but they never take action because they say I can't prove who was responsible. The offences include shooting an air rifle from their garden into mine damaging my property and killing birds.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know if it is legal to point CCTV into neighbours garden in order to prove who is responsible for the offences committed against me.

There is an argument that CCTV cameras pointed solely at one house amounts to harassment.
You are perfectly free to have cameras that point generically away from the house and you can get some quite discreet cameras now.
However, if you are thinking of obvious cameras that point solely at his house and nowhere else then that probably would amount to harassment. At the very least, it would be antagonistic and generally reflect badly upon you which you want to avoid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The point is that the neighbours commit acts of harassment and antisocial behaviour against me and the police will do nothing if I cannot provide proof. They commit most of the offences from their garden, for instance throwing bangers into my garden and shooting air rifles. I can only get proof by CCTV.

Yes, I understand.
That would not change the fact that pointing cameras solely at his house does potentially amount to harassment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The camera is pointed into my back garden but shows some of theirs including the boundary fence. It is not pointed at their house as it is facing away from both houses and into the attached gardens.

If it isn't pointed at their house then it would not amount to harassment.
If it is then they could complain to the police who probably would tell you to point them elsewhere.