75100385

I bought a custom used horsebox on an older converted lorry

Customer Question

I bought a custom used horsebox on an older converted lorry last September. I paid over £40,000 for this lorry and there are several problems with it, mostly small but now in 7 months the brand new re spray is flaking and the paint is bubbling. The vendors ignore letters, phone calls, emails and texts. What can I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you buy it from a company or individual?
How much is it to fix it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought it from a recommended company -Minster horseboxes, Selby, Yorkshire.
I haven't had a quote to fix it but would guess in the region of £2,000
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the repair cost (£2000) within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.