75100385

i bought a used car recently which the advert claimed had recently

Customer Question

i bought a used car recently which the advert claimed had recently been serviced at 38 k miles and had had £3500 spent on upgrading the suspension as it had been fitted with 22" alloy wheels , after the oil light came on after 200 miles i checked the log book and it said 33k miles service and when i asked for clarification they said they had made a mistake, when i asked for the proof re the suspension they told me it was only verbal from the person they bought from and no proof, am i in my rights to demand a full refund? Simon G
Hello Simon my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Please let me know the age, miles and how much you paid?
So the car has not been serviced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sept 2006/39185 miles / £19600 plus 846 RAC Warranty the garage stated serviced at 38k miles the log book said 33k

Ok. So it has been served, even if its 5000 miles out?
Have you had it checked to see if the suspension was as described?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was serviced but only a small service last April it should of had a full 40,000 or 8yr service whichever came first , the last big service was 16000 miles before, not at 38k miles Quoted which lead me to believe it had been done, being a fast prestige car this should be kept up to date with porsche and certainly should of had oil in it as it had an 82 point rac check allegedly, the suspension i could have it checked but as i already owned a cayenne previously i know what the ride is like and took their words in the advert "£3500 spent on upgrading the suspension system" which is now just here say and thy have no record! Also the sat nav tv does not work or even exist on the display screen which is another issue , they have agreed to fix a problem on the sunroof which i spotted pre sale and also a rear seat belt housing which was broken ! S

Was it from a dealer or private please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A Dealer called Sports and Prestige Centre who specialises in high performance cars

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial. Over £10,000 then it would NOT be a small claim and you would need a Solicitor to represent you as there are Court rules and procedures to follow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can i take to a Porsche approved garage and ask them to bring the service history up to date and sort out the suspension and then put in a claim or is it better to just hand the car back and start again ? S

Yes you can do that. You are far better suing for your losses rather than taking the vehicle back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So in theory do i send a letter of my intentions and give him the choice to resolve either way, as he will probably end up with a 6K bill which is about 30 percent of the value, do i stand a good chance of getting this back or is better not to take the risk and push for the full refund ?

Correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry at the end of the Question i asked whats more likely to be resolved and is it risky going for payment rather than full refund because of its value of repairs ?

You are better off going for payment for losses rather than full refund.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.
Alex.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All good will let you Know if i get a reply or a settlement ! S

Great! Thanks