75100385

we signed a contract to have solar panels fitted on 16 April.

we signed a contract to have solar panels fitted on 16 April. After futher discussion my husband and I decided that it wasn't feasable for us to have them so the following day we telephoned the company to say that we had changed our mind, we also followed that up with an email. A guy from the company has contacted me this morning and said that because the work had been booked in before the 14 day cooling off period finishes it doesn't apply and because they have ordered parts that we would be liable for costs. Please where do we stand.
Jean Bilton
Hello Jean my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know if you had a cooling off period given in writing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it states in the Terms & Conditions of the contract. But they are saying that because the work is due to start before the end of the cooling off period we have to pay parts ordered and the cost of labour as they would have been detailed to work.

Did you ask them to start the work or did they suggest it to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They suggested it, as it would keep costs down as they are doing work in the area.

Ok then you don't need to worry.
You are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period. If they suggested and started the work early this does NOT cancel your 14 day right. if you ASKED them to do the work it does not.
So if they suggested it then you can STILL cancel within the 14 days and claim a refund if appropriate.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.